How do I use Visual C++ with my directX

Started by
2 comments, last by KittyRa 18 years, 7 months ago
I can't seem to add the directX include files. I just got the book "Programming role playing games with DirectX" and the book only uses Visual C++. But, theirs the problem I went to options to add "include" files in the VC++ project "directories" and pick "include" I don't get any add options whatsoever. So if anyone can help please answer to this thread. P.S- I don't understand what's up with DirectX books only for microsoft Visual C++.
"A pointerA and pointerB fell in love with the same adress"
Advertisement
I'm afraid your question isn't clear.

If you want to include the headers in a source file, use the #include directive.

If you want to link a library, go trough the project options (are you even using VC++ or not, I'm confused) to the linker settings and you'll find a place where you can add desired libraries.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
I think all you need to do is copy and paste alll the .lib files from the DirectX SDK into the "header files" folder of your project. These files should be located in a folder labeled "lib" in the directory where the SDK is installed.

I hope this helps [smile]
Still 2^10 :P
if you are using VC++ go to project->Settings-> click on the C/C++ tab and change the dropdown menu to preprocessor, Where it says additional include directories type in the path to your where your DirectX header files are.

Ex: C:\DXSDK\include\
F-R-E-D F-R-E-D-B-U-R...G-E-R! - Yes!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement