• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
forestlaw89

How do you install Visual C++ 6.0

This topic is 4817 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This stupid compiler won't install. I downloaded it followed the instructions for installations and it always comes up unsuccessful. Its for my book "Programming role playing games for directX". But, the compiler wont install after I downloaded it. I have tried downloading it and picking the 'Run' option. So whats up. I know the instructions I may recieve on this thread will be quite long, so just Private message me.

Advertisement
Well, I mean what problems are you having with it? I've done various installs, but they've all been from CDs. It might be a problem with the download, either a bad download or something.

Someone might be able to give more specific pointers, but go ahead and post what problems (error messages etc) exactly you're running into.

If you're downloading it and it just doesn't run, try saving the installer onto your desktop, and running that. If that doesn't run, use the Add Software tool in the Control Panel.

Hope you get it to work (even though MSVC6 is defective indeed ;)

/me uses MSVC6 :(

The problem I am having with installing the compiler is that it isn't on my desktop. Also when I do go to the setup.exe it says it didn't install successfully.Also I don't know any tutorials that teach direct X using DevC++
as the compiler. So if anyone can tell me an online tutorial or book I can pick up that teaches DirectX using DevC++ please PM me.

thank you

I had encounterd a similar problem some time back , but i had installed .net before & after unistalling that , if i tried to install , towards the end it would throw some message cannot register component..(#$(@ , so the only option then was for me to reformat & install , which worked.

So if you are desperate , you can do that , i am sorry i have no idea about dev c++.

You could always use the free Microsoft Optimizing Compiler.. MS ToolKit

I had problems with VC6 working on SP2 versions of XP, but it installed fine..

hth
moe.ron

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!