• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
paradise

Tile game book

This topic is 4812 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, There used to be a free online book available on net "Action arcade adventure set" by Diana Gruber. Link given on this site in the article section is dead now. If someone has that book or any online book on tile based games and techniques, Please reply (mail it to para_diz@yahoo.com) thanks alot

Advertisement
If not a book then any article, which throws some light on developing complex tile based games like Mario or Contra, would be welcomed.

Actually I recently learned developing 2d games for Mobiles. But I am not being able to make any good games because I am not good at handling tiles, I really don't know how do they make big maps,many layers, keep track of lots of sprites and all.

or Good articles on developing 2d games wud also be beneficial to me.

Please Help

For the action arcade book, thank internet archivers [wink] You can read the entire book that way. The downloads even work too!

Now as for something that looks loke a side-scroller (mario, contra) then you should look at this tutorial in progress at Cone3D. Also check the lesson 6 for a side scrolling space shooter.

You might want to take a look at Kyra, a sprite engine that utilizes SDL.

Finally take a look at the avaliable resources on GameDev.

Good luck!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!