questions about mfc

Started by
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 7 months ago
Hello, community! I have a few questions about mfc. And please, don't tell me to use .net. The support for .net 2.0 with c++ sucks. Also, I'm using vc++ 2005, so no resource editor[sad]. First, what file from the platform sdk do I use to link my MFC programs that are written in MFC 7.1. Second, what is the difference between MFC 7.1 that is in the platform sdk, and MFC 4.2, included vc6. Third, are vc6 resource files compatible with vc++ 2005. Or should I use a third party editor to create resources. Any help from you would be nice, as well as some friendly advice :) ProgrammingNerd
Advertisement
Don't tell me to use .NET

then why are you asking in the .NET forum?
------Tech, life, family, faith: Give me a visit.
Indeed, wrong forum :p

But anyway, 7.1 is just yet another upgrade of MFC. I'm not sure what exactly has changed, though... most of it is the same. More up-to-date with standards and such, I guess.

No idea about the resource files... although I'm sure if they're not compatible, VS.Net will just convert them.
Hi,

.NET programming is programming in windows, like programming in MFC. I thought that it would be better suited here than in General Programming, for instance.

Sorry, and thanks for your answer, SOS
ProgrammingNerd

Edit: I would still like to know which library to link in order to use MFC 7.1. My program compiles right, but doesn't link. And I'm not seeing a mfc71.lib or something like that. Thanks.

[Edited by - ProgrammingNerd on September 11, 2005 1:13:56 PM]
Quote:Original post by ProgrammingNerd
The support for .net 2.0 with c++ sucks.

Well, a lot of people are using it with good results. That you can't cope with it doesn't mean it "sucks".

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement