Anyone else entering a 2D game for 4E4?

Started by
12 comments, last by gustav 18 years, 7 months ago
Since 4e4 is about "bringing back the spirit of gaming" 2D games should have a fair chance with their ease of playability. Anyone else entering a 2D game, and if so what type?
Advertisement
If I thought that I could finish my game in time, I'd say that I am entering with a 2D game in the style of the NES-era Final Fantasy games, but prettier. But it won't be done in time, and I will not say that.
"Sir, it is pie." - Mark TwainThe ArchWizard's site.
Sure thing, programmer art 'n all. [grin] Now all I need to do is finish on time, content creation is taking significantly longer than anticipated.

- Jason Astle-Adams

/me raises hand.
I am creating one as well - "Turn Based Strategy".
Not only is developing in 3D harder on a technical standpoint, but it's also hard to work with the dimensional concepts when working with the third dimension. Gameplay in 2D games is so much easier to work on and comprehend then working with that extra third dimension.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Yeah, it's 2d for me 2. Although I am cheating a bit being it opengl accelarated and all. Type of game: I don't know really. Plan is to have a city (or town depending on time) full of zombies. Still trying to figure out what to do with them. Besides the obvious that is :-)
Technically no, but my RTS game has a camera similar to old games like Warcraft et al. Although I wouldn't class them properly as 2D since they try to make it look 3D!
Mine is 2D. Here's a screenshot:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Definitely 2D. Stuff needed for 3D games (models, textures, shaders, math, superpigs, animations, experience) is way more tedious than I could tackle in the time period of this contest. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement