• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
atomic_west

dos path

This topic is 4813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

could some one explane how to get a DOS program on my DOS path so i dont have to go through the all the files to get there. The path is C:\nasm\nasmide\nasmide thanks

Advertisement
If you don't know how to use a command prompt and your trying to learn ASM, you need to spend a few more years learning how to use computers. unless you grew up on unix, if you did, it's the same way.

I'm not sure what you mean by "on my path", you can simply navigate to its directory in one CD call.

Can you explain please?

ace

Quote:
Original post by ace_lovegrove
I'm not sure what you mean by "on my path", you can simply navigate to its directory in one CD call.

Can you explain please?

ace

He is probably referring to the PATH enviroment variable.

Well if your doing this on the prompt itself, just typeing "cd nasm\nasmide\nasmide" without the quotes of course, would go directly there (assuming your at the root)

If your talking about batch files, then typing the exact same thing in the batch file and running it would yeild the same results. Although there would be no real reason to do just that one instruction in a batch file...

Quote:
Original post by Roboguy
Quote:
Original post by ace_lovegrove

Can you explain please?

ace

He is probably referring to the PATH enviroment variable.

Well if that is the case it is still just a CD call. I think there is a setenv() function in the linux environment, not sure though.

ace

Quote:
Original post by atomic_west
could some one explane how to get a DOS program on my DOS path so i dont have to go through the all the files to get there. The path is C:\nasm\nasmide\nasmide
thanks

Just add it to your PATH environment variable. This doesn't change the current (working) directory though, it will just run the program from the current directory, which may have unexpected results.

IIRC, you can type set /? from the command prompt to learn how to do this.

Type PATH, copy it, append the directory, and type PATH=[the old path][the one to add] I'm not to sure this is permanent however.

Alternatively, right click My Computer-> Advanced ->Environment variables and edit it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!