• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bug_aonz

How to increase frame per second in Ogre engine?

This topic is 4813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I compiled a sample name 'demo_bsp'(it's show how to load .bsp level) in ogre sdk by myself.When i run it,just 20-40 fps show. But when i try to run a same file(already compiled by Ogre developer).It show 200-300 fps. Are there any way to increase fps because my game was too slow? I don't know function to set.Please help Thank Bug_aonz.....

Advertisement
A few things to check is to make sure you are using the "Release" configuration and not the "Debug".

Next, try changing the different graphics render plugins (DX7,DX9,OGL) to see if you can find the one that provides the best framerate.

Finally, see what version of Ogre they used to make that demo and see what version you are using. If you built the source yourself, then chances are, the library was not optimized properly. Oh and you should definitly as this on the Ogre forums for additional help if you have not already.

My graphics render plugins is DX9.
What's the different between 'Release' and 'Debug'?..... I never know before,because i usually work with debug.I thought it's the same.

Debug means to take final executable size and speed and ignore it. The whole point of Debug mode is to be able to find bugs and test to see how the program works. Release mode, strips out all that infomration debug mode would inject into an .exe and for the most part favor faster speed and smaller size. You should get a big performance difference if you switch to release.

There's much more to the whole debug/release configurations, so you can google some for it or if someone else wants to explain in more detail they can go ahead.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!