Weapons

Started by
26 comments, last by Prinz Eugn 18 years, 7 months ago
Hey everybody, We're trying to think of more weapons for our game, but we've hit a brick wall. Our game is called Angels 20, and it is a flight-action game we've been working on for a couple months now. We currently have 8 weapons in the game: -Default Gun -Bombs -Rockets -Guided Missile -Cluster Bombs -Gunpod -Napalm -Tactical Nuke Anyways, what would you guys like to see added to the list?
My Current Project Angels 22 (4E5)
Advertisement
Assault Cannon
I would say, get rid of the default gun. One reason I love Halo so much is because there isn't really a "default gun" that you can always rely on. It's very contrasted: smg, shotgun, sniper, etc. That way, there's no middle ground and the player is constantly switching weapons, trying new methods.
Quote:Original post by evanofsky
I would say, get rid of the default gun. One reason I love Halo so much is because there isn't really a "default gun" that you can always rely on. It's very contrasted: smg, shotgun, sniper, etc. That way, there's no middle ground and the player is constantly switching weapons, trying new methods.

Maybe. In a game like halo, you have a first person view, and can walk around like you do every day. In a game where you are piloting a spaceship, it might not be in a map, but just flying through space, with no real locations.

Ex: In Halo, you might say "go to the road in the middle of Blood Gulch/Coagulation and pick up the rocket launcher. It's a concrete location. However, if your map consists of a backround of stars that is constantly scrolling by, you don't really learn where things are. I don't think it would work the same way as in Halo.
That was me, I wasn't logged in.
-Mat² §alley©-
Hi, I'm the other part of the 'we', by the way

Quote:Original post by ace_lovegrove
Assault Cannon

What do you mean assualt cannon? we have the default (it's built into your airplane) 25mm Vulcan cannon and a big Tank-busting single barrel cannon(although it fires fairly fast), which is the gunpod in that list, sorry Sir Sapo wasn't that specific

Oh, and Evanofsky, It would be kind of hard to not have a default weapon(although I like your point, and Halo is good), modern fighter airplanes always have internal guns. From a gameplay standpoint, the other weapons are specialized and we wanted the internal gun to be moderatly effective against everything (it's effectiveness would decrease as the campaign continues to add more strategy as the player gets more skilled). We'll think on the default thing, like maybe having it so you can switch out the default for a different weapon

Thanks, and Think airplane!

-Mark the Artist

Digital Art and Technical Design
Developer Journal

BFG.

:)
Quote:Original post by SirKnight
BFG.

:)

Already got one, although its called the Tactical Nuke :P

My Current Project Angels 22 (4E5)
Anti-missile missiles? Or is that already covered, or stupid?

Seems like you have most of the bases covered, maybe just add different versions of types of weapons.
It only takes one mistake to wake up dead the next morning.
You could allow the players to sell their original gun, and use a primary wepon mount point or limited mount points which stops players from not selling the basic gun. I'd say a basic gun and a first run campaign that's easy might not be a bad thing at least for beginners either.

Otherwise I think giving the player the choice of what wepon they start with might work, giving them a starting amount of cash.

(if this makes no sense in the context of your game its because i havn't been able to run it yet because i don't tend to have access to a windows pc much, i use mostly mac that is)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement