• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
GameMasterXL

Does visual C# need service pack 2?

This topic is 4814 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Part of the setup for Visual Studio 2005 checks for XP SP2 and won't install if you don't have it installed.

That said, there's nothing in XP SP2 that it actually needs, and you can follow the instructions in this blog to install it.

Quote:
Original post by GameMasterXL
Is sp2 any good? i heard it can corrupt 3ds max and some other programs and is bugy is this true?

Not from experience with it, no.

I installed SP2 when it was released, and I've had no problems. In fact, some of the extra features it adds are quite nice (I especially liked the re-done wireless network dialog)

Ah cool i just heard from 3ds max that 3ds max 6 was crashing due to it unless they released another version of it now don't know. So do you recon i should download it? if so is there any known issues when downloading? thanks in advance.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!