• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
safe

How to write my program in Start menu?

This topic is 4818 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I select from "start->program->myprogram", then it will execuate. using VC++? after I delete my program, it should be delete also from the Start menu. Could you please teach me how to do it? Thanks a lot!

Advertisement
You just create a shortcut in the start menu folder, and then delete it when you uninstall.
The best way is to use a pre-written installer, but if you really want to do it yourself, you'll need another program that will delete the main app and your shortcut.
There's a COM interface you use to create a shortcut, but I can't remember the name of it just now. I'll have a look on Google and see if I can find it...

EDIT: Actually, it seems much simpler than I though. Link

Evil Steve,I greatly appreciate your quick reply!
I am not very familiar with COM, I will try anyway.
Best wishes!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Most installer toolkits provide an easy way to add your application to the start menu. For a free one checkout installer2Go (www.dev4pc.com).

Mr. Creamy

Mr. Creamy, thank you so much for your reply.
I need to write my own program with VC++ windows program.
Best wishes

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!