• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
janoside

HLSL Render States

This topic is 4812 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am fairly proficient with the general use of HLSL, but I am having a trouble finding documentation for things that I do not know. I can't seem to find any specific documentation for HLSL in the DirectX documentation. There are simple examples, but nothing that gives a good reference. For example, I wish to change the texture render state in my HLSL technique. So I do something like this to change the ColorOperation: ColorOp[0] = Modulate4x; Which is fine. But I wish to set the ColorArgument of the texture state to more than one state defined by the TextureArgument enumeration. So I want to do this: ColorArg2[0] = (Texture | AlphaReplicate); However, the HLSL compiler has a problem with both the "|" and the "AlphaReplicate". I have had to poke around here and there to get this far and I would appreciate any direction toward a comprehensive HLSL reference. Thanks in advance, Janoside

Advertisement
I'm finding this to be a good reference

I do know that GPU's don't support bitwise operations because each value in GPU hardware is a float4. Unfortunately, I have no idea what it is you're trying to do with the bitwise OR there, so I can't offer an alternative route.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!