HLSL Render States

Started by
0 comments, last by PAiNIC 18 years, 7 months ago
I am fairly proficient with the general use of HLSL, but I am having a trouble finding documentation for things that I do not know. I can't seem to find any specific documentation for HLSL in the DirectX documentation. There are simple examples, but nothing that gives a good reference. For example, I wish to change the texture render state in my HLSL technique. So I do something like this to change the ColorOperation: ColorOp[0] = Modulate4x; Which is fine. But I wish to set the ColorArgument of the texture state to more than one state defined by the TextureArgument enumeration. So I want to do this: ColorArg2[0] = (Texture | AlphaReplicate); However, the HLSL compiler has a problem with both the "|" and the "AlphaReplicate". I have had to poke around here and there to get this far and I would appreciate any direction toward a comprehensive HLSL reference. Thanks in advance, Janoside
-janoside [Firestorm Engine]
Advertisement
I'm finding this to be a good reference

I do know that GPU's don't support bitwise operations because each value in GPU hardware is a float4. Unfortunately, I have no idea what it is you're trying to do with the bitwise OR there, so I can't offer an alternative route.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement