• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Avont29

pump up the sound!

This topic is 4813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey, where can i find some tutorials on how to use opengl sound, like playing audio files, blah blah blah, i'm using ogre3d, a rendering engine, but it doens't do sound, only rendering, i wasgoing to use opengl for sound, i've googled it, but i couldn't find anything thanks -Avont

Advertisement
i'm looking forsomething free, i plan on selling this game, and i ain't payin almost a quarter million dollars for no sound engine

(comment from the peanut gallery) I take it that stands for Open AUDIO library? Is that compatible with OpenGL at all?

I fail to see how you made 1,000$ to add up to a quarter million, but that being said, there's also OpenAL

Edit: beaten

Quote:
(comment from the peanut gallery) I take it that stands for Open AUDIO library? Is that compatible with OpenGL at all?

It's 'compatible' like your stove is compatible with your freezer. They don't interfere.

Quote:
Original post by Avont29
i'm looking forsomething free, i plan on selling this game, and i ain't payin almost a quarter million dollars for no sound engine

FMOD has a very good license whether the game is free or you make a small amount of money off of it. Of course, if you plan to roll in the big millions, you'd have a steeper license fee.

But then you'd be able to pay that fee quite easily.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!