• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Zmax

Texture question

This topic is 4816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It is possible to place the texture on a shape the has more than 4 vertexes?How? I'm asking that because i loaded a HeightMap from a picture file and textured it so: 4 neighbour vertexes share one texture.It is not textured nice because i would like to place the texture over more than 4 vertexes... This is how the heightMap texturind looks in my project: 00 10 00 10 01 11 01 11 00 10 00 10 01 11 01 11 00 10 00 10 01 11 01 11 .... . . . I tryed to texture so: 00 x x x x x 10 x x x x x 01 x x x x x 11 but i don't know how...can anybody help me

Advertisement
if you use coordinates above 1 it should wrap the values for you. This would mean you can go, horizontally:
0,0 1,0 2,0 3,0 4,0 xxxx 29,0
0,1 1,1 2,1 3,1 4,1 xxxx 29,1
etc

Try it and see how it goes. If you just want to stretch the texture, use fractions instead. Divide each coord by width/height to get how far across the texture.

Hope it helps,
Andrew

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!