• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
chicknstu

Dave's Day Out!!!

This topic is 4812 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Daves Day Out ------------- Hi all, I've been working on this for a while now, and It's just about finished. It's written in OpenGL, NeHe was a fantastic source of information throughout development, so I thought it would be courteous to send link it here. Dave's Day Out is a tribute to the greatest platform games of the 8-bit home computer era, such as Jet Set Willy and Monty Mole. As I said, it's just about finished, all I need is for a few people to try it out, tell me what they think, and spot any bugs. I'd be most appreciative. more info / Download from RetroDev! Stu xxx Also - while I'm here. Does anyone have any tips for getting a game noticed? It's been up for a week and only about 10 people have played it!

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Commander Mike
sorry for being dumb but what are you ment to do?

Just see how many flashing things you can get. Cheers for trying it,

Stu

To get the game more noticed you could put a link to the download in your forum signature, don't make it too big though!

ace

Quote:
Original post by chicknstu
Does anyone have any tips for getting a game noticed? It's been up for a week and only about 10 people have played it!

Get links up to it in places where people will notice. If you can get people to review it on various websites it will probably help.

You could also try submitting your game to other freeware sites, such as GameHippo.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!