My first game in C++ and my first website!

Started by
13 comments, last by Bordogg 18 years, 7 months ago
Hello there, After 6 weeks of face-melting studying and brain-drilling exercises, I have finally completed my first ever game in C++. It is a very simple (but quite challenging) take on the old Selchow & Richter PnP game called "Jotto". I have also made my very first webpage (by myself... the old template thingy I tried once doesn't count) and you can find it, and the "Jotto" download here... Orgull's Keep Any comments or criticisms are welcome, and thanks for all the support! [Edited by - Theodore Fuhringer on September 12, 2005 10:48:52 AM]
Advertisement
Regular hyperlinks will work fine. See?.
[ search: google ][ programming: msdn | boost | opengl ][ languages: nihongo ]
You may want to post some screenshots of the game, for those of us who just want to look at pretty pictures :)

To make a link, just use HTML. (beaten)
@ _Goat... Cool, and you did that how exactly? I'm not familiar with HTML sorry.

EDIT @ Drakkcon... not sure how to take a screenshot of a console app... hmm.
2nd question: I didn't know you couldn't use PrintScreen. There are some free screen capture programs online if that doesn't work

1st question: < a href="URL"> this is a link < /a > (remove the spaces)
Ahh thanks Drakkcon! Works beautifully... :D

Someday I'll look back and laugh at my newb-hood.
Don't feel bad, I still don't know why some web addresses start with www2 or www3 like yours does, so you're ahead of me :)

[Edited by - Drakkcon on September 12, 2005 11:08:29 AM]
UPDATE: My website now includes colors and a screenshot, YAY!
Got "board" in 21 tries, that any good? [grin]
Nice little game. You could add an option of restarting or quitting the game after winning.
Quote:Original post by Drakkcon
Don't feel bad, I still don't know why some web addresses start with www2 or www3 like yours does, so you're ahead of me :)

They are subdomains. The owner of a domain can define whatever subdomains they like. Further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sub_domain
- CheeseMonger

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement