• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
NovaCaine

Switching between dual view and horizontal span

This topic is 4815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, just wondering where to start looking for information on how to create an app that will switch between dual view and horizontal span. I want to use C++ to write this app and i have a nVidia graphics card. i've managed to find information on changing screen resolution, but am unsure if this is all i need to be able to do this? Any ideas? and thx in advance for the help.

Advertisement
Hey NovaCaine,

I don't know exactly what you are talking about - but my understanding is you want a split view like in NFS3. If that is true, you could try dividing the viewport into 2 equal rectangles and fill the rectangles separately, and then flip buffers or whatever you do for a single view.

I could offer code depending on what API you use for graphics - SDL?

Cheerio

Hey deavik,

i want to access the driver to change the setting between dualview and horizontal span in windows. it's for a company i'm working for, they have some demos that need to run in dualview( the demo picks up the second monitor) and horizontal span. its not coding a DX app with different viewports, its telling the driver to change its setting, or something like that.

sorry if I'm telling you what you already know, but if you have a nVidia card go

Control Panel->Display->Settings->Advanced->nVidia tab->nView Display Settings.

there you can change the display mode. I'm wanting to switch between them, using default settings if need be. I know ATI have something similar, but i'm creating a windows app to only be used on nVidia cards.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any way of doing something like this?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!