• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ribbonfish

Flash for UI , C++ for core programs?

This topic is 4812 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, folks, I'm working on something in my spare time. Let me explain you my exciting endeavour I am building this little gaming machine that includes some strange hardware peripherals such as a webcamera, a narrow heat sensitive printer and a barcode scanner. This is for handing out and recognizing vouchers for game times. Through the touch screen on top of this machine users interacts with the box. Now problem comes, All the hardware I got has their API written ( or accessible from C/C++ ), I will have to write some C/C++ codes to controll these new horses. But at the same time we really want to build the UI to be more attractive ( and also easy to build ) so we decided to use Flash. We could do the UI in C/C++, but folks you know it's gonna be ugly and a pain to do it. Do you know how I can "CALL" C/C++ programs from Flash? Or in such a case, what better solutions you think I should choose? Thanks. -p

Advertisement
There are some decent UI systems to be found online that you could try using if you wanted to stick with C/C++.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that some major game developers (EA for example) use flash for their UI so it can be done.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!