[web] Setting up a wiki

Started by
2 comments, last by tstrimp 18 years, 7 months ago
Hay, I'm wondering if any of you have an opinion on the best wiki package to use. I'm not to bothered by features, I'd rather it was simple to manage than have loads of random modules. I found Drupal but thats way more complex than I need. I've had a google around and can't really find anything basic, I don't have shell access to my host either so... Any thoughts? edit: It just occurred to me that It would be no problem to have a wiki service do the handwork, as long as it would be reliable. Any suggestions for providers?
------ ----- ---- --- -- -Export-Games.com is searching for talented and friendly developers. Visit our Help Wanted post for more info!My Indie development uber Journal - A game production walk through.
Advertisement
Take a stroll through This list. Personally, I usually install Mediawiki but that's probabely waaaay too feature-rich for you.

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

I found MediaWiki the easiest out of all to install. Some wanted me to manually edit the database to fix stuff their install script couldn't be bothered to do... lazy.
DokuWiki would have to be, by far, the easiest to install. Just extract it to your web directory! No database required (whether that is a good thing or not is another matter).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement