• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MangaFox

OpenGL Textures getting garbled/shredded in my animation system!

This topic is 4808 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello Folks, For some reason, about 9/10 times that I run my game program the textures are garbled/shredded to various degrees of severity. Every once in a while the textures dont have any problems and every things fine. I cant figure if this is a problem with my code or my opengl drivers or the graphics card itself. As far as my code goes I've tried to look at every possiblity with no luck; I generate the textures at the beginning and release them at the end. I bind the textures as needed. The texture coordinates for the test texture are simply 0 to 1 both ways. It's in ortho projection mode. I dont see how this could be a problem on my end when the program occasionally works fine. Here's another thing. At first, when the problem first started, commercial games like Call of Duty and heroes of might & magic 2 also displayed garbled/shredded textures. So I rolled back my video card drivers and everything was fine, even for the first time I ran my program. Then everything started getting garbled again. This is what makes me suspect that it's either my program causing the problem or my video card itself. Any one else have a problem like this with wierd graphical artifacts? Any sort of help would be great since i'm absolutely clueless as to what the problem is. I'm sorry but i wont be able to use source code to illustrate since im not writing this thread from my own pc. Peace.

Advertisement
Sounds like it could be a hardware issue. Your video card may be overheating. Crack open your case, blow some dust out, and make sure the fan is still spinning on your video card (if it has one). When you rolled back the drivers, you may have given it time to cool off, so it ran ok for a while.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!