made a model, animations... need the right program

Started by
2 comments, last by mussashimits 18 years, 7 months ago
Hi, Im attempting to make a third person adventure game. As of now, I have no experience in 3d game making, but I decided to try it after having made a character model, and some animations. I'd like to know if there are any easy game making programs out there. For example, I looked into a program called 3d game maker. I've heard it was just too limited. But, if I am able import my models and animations, and then create some simple script, like "when object 1 collides with object2, play animation 1", then Im interested in the program. If not, might anyone know of any very easy 3d game making programs? Thanks very much!
Advertisement
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but it just won't be that easy. Things like 3d game maker and Darkbasic etc. are easy to use but don't give you the freedom or functionality to write a good 3d game. You really have 3 options:

1: Make games with a game maker and sacrifice alot of what you may want to do.

2: Learn a programming language and use a graphics engine (difficult)

3: Join a team that already has programmers and contribute your models and art work

Good luck!
You could try using the Torque engine and just focus completely on scripts and building your assets. Theoretically you never have to touch any C++ source as you can do everything with the world builder and scripts.. although obviously you would need to write code for things not included in the engine, or for full customization.
hmmm, i see. This is actually the kind of answers I expected, but I thought I might give it a try. Well I guess I can always create a 2d game using snapshots of my model and its animations.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement