• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Halsafar

Partitioning Crisis + Help Installing Linux

This topic is 4807 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay I got 4 Partitions - Windows Primary 1gb - Swap Logical 256mb - Root Logical 2gb - Home Logical 800mb Vector Linux has been installed on Root and Root has been made bootable. Whenever, however now I just get a "no operating system installed" error message... [Edited by - Halsafar on September 13, 2005 6:33:47 PM]

Advertisement
Sounds like you forgot to install a boot loader. I'm not familiar with Vector Linux so I dont know if you are supposed to do that yourself or if its supposed to be done automagically. Did the install documentation/program say anything about LILO or GRUB?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Infact it did, unfortunatly there was an error it ran into. It said the error could be resolved by modifying a file "lilo.cfg" i believe -- but I'm not quite sure how to modify that since I cannot boot.

you should be able to boot using the linux install cd and edit lilo.cfg from there. Anyway, I'm not familiar with Vector Linux, so I'd reccomend using their forums here instead to get help.

Use a livecd to boot into your linux system and then install a bootloader or reconfigure your current bootloader.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!