• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TommySauder

To the more experienced programmers

This topic is 4816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just wanted to let you guys know that I might be posting on here with a lot of questions... I don't want to seem annoying or repetitive, but I want to learn C++ the RIGHT way, so I don't get frustrated and quit again. If I seem to be posting too much or asking too many questions let me know. Thanks for your help, all of you.

Advertisement
Huh..."experienced programmers"? I shouldn't be replying to this topic :P.

But just some advice: research. The only annoying "newbies" are the ones who don't want to put the time in to learn on their own.

Personally, I recommend google, and at least two good books without the word "Beginning" in the title.

No offense Khawk and Dave.

Nor will anyone these forums unless they plan on reading through your code every time. Your code doesnt have to be perfect (and it wont, even for experience programmers) and it really doesnt matter that much. As long as it isnt anything too awful such as a memory leak or something you should be fine, but yea post all your questions that you have first looked up on google first of course :)

Quote:
Original post by TommySauder
yea, but google won't tell me if my code is the best it could be or if it can be improved :P

Most of my questions will be directed that way.

You'r code will probably never,(in the near future anyways), be the "best". I mean there is almost always some way to make it better or faster.

Quote:
Original post by TommySauder
yea, but google won't tell me if my code is the best it could be or if it can be improved :P

Most of my questions will be directed that way.

Its the result that counts, not the method ;-)

If your code is clean enough to understand, its ok.

Quote:
Original post by Tynnhammar
You'r code will probably never,(in the near future anyways), be the "best". I mean there is almost always some way to make it better or faster.

And after that there are always things like style and taste [smile].

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!