To the more experienced programmers

Started by
7 comments, last by DaBono 18 years, 7 months ago
I just wanted to let you guys know that I might be posting on here with a lot of questions... I don't want to seem annoying or repetitive, but I want to learn C++ the RIGHT way, so I don't get frustrated and quit again. If I seem to be posting too much or asking too many questions let me know. Thanks for your help, all of you.
Advertisement
Alright.
That's what the For Beginners forum is here for. [smile]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Huh..."experienced programmers"? I shouldn't be replying to this topic :P.

But just some advice: research. The only annoying "newbies" are the ones who don't want to put the time in to learn on their own.

Personally, I recommend google, and at least two good books without the word "Beginning" in the title.

No offense Khawk and Dave.
Things change.
yea, but google won't tell me if my code is the best it could be or if it can be improved :P

Most of my questions will be directed that way.
Nor will anyone these forums unless they plan on reading through your code every time. Your code doesnt have to be perfect (and it wont, even for experience programmers) and it really doesnt matter that much. As long as it isnt anything too awful such as a memory leak or something you should be fine, but yea post all your questions that you have first looked up on google first of course :)
DONT LET THEM DISCRIMINATE! BRING BACK THE BLACK!
Quote:Original post by TommySauder
yea, but google won't tell me if my code is the best it could be or if it can be improved :P

You'r code will probably never,(in the near future anyways), be the "best". I mean there is almost always some way to make it better or faster.
Quote:Original post by TommySauder

Its the result that counts, not the method ;-)

If your code is clean enough to understand, its ok.
Quote:Original post by Tynnhammar
You'r code will probably never,(in the near future anyways), be the "best". I mean there is almost always some way to make it better or faster.

And after that there are always things like style and taste [smile].

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement