Updated DirectX 9 Tutorials

Started by
12 comments, last by the_moo 18 years, 6 months ago
I've updated my series of DirectX 9 tutorials to be simpler and easier to follow. Tell me what you think! http://www.c-unit.com/tutorials/directx/ [Edited by - chadmv on October 14, 2005 1:38:39 PM]
Advertisement
Those DX Tutorials look great! Thank you for the work, maybe I use it for learning DX.

best regards

Se my programming blog: Code and Graphics

Bookmarked. I can imagine how much work it must have been to create all of these tutorials (I'm especially interested by your landscape ones), and I throw kudos in your direction for providing them for everyone to enjoy. ;)
Thanks for the comments!

I have a question: In the future, will managed directx eventually be more preferred than unmanaged?
Quote:Original post by chadmv
I have a question: In the future, will managed directx eventually be more preferred than unmanaged?

Darn! I knew there was something I should have done before I dismantled my time machine. ;)

I don't think there's any way of knowing that just yet. C++ I think will remain quite the influential language for some time to go; and who's to say that .NET will even gain a powerful foothold (sans Microsoft :P)? I think that you're more than safe writing unmanaged tutorials for the time being, but it may be beneficial to expand to support both flavours (a la Drunken Hyena).
Nice work, but:

The tutorial part about making an Object Oriented Framework is somewhat incomplete. It would be cool if you could write the whole class, in addition to what you wrote.

Anyways, i love the site
Hope I was helpful. And thank you if you were!
True, I guess I was just lazy and didn't want to write every single line of code in HTML. The source code is also available for download to look at.

Thanks for the input!
I would realy like to see some DirectPlay tutorials, about the fastest way to build a multiplayer game. Microsoft's tutorials are a bit fuzzy about this...
Quote:Original post by LeChuckIsBack
I would realy like to see some DirectPlay tutorials, about the fastest way to build a multiplayer game. Microsoft's tutorials are a bit fuzzy about this...

Microsoft discourages everyone to use DirectPlay, and use sockets instead. Read more about it in the DirectX SDK documentation.
hey, they look extremely good!
i'll be using these in the very near future i think (just wanted to start looking at loading meshes so that tut. will be great!).

thanks!
the_moo

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement