• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
was2_0

Are there any C++ compiler I can include as part of my product?

This topic is 4813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I need a C++ compiler to do some thing in my product. Can I get a license allow I include it with no pay? Thanks!

Advertisement
I have designed one language and I want to develop a high-level compiler to translate the language into C++ source code, then use a C++ compiler to generate .exe

Coding a useable C++ compiler will cost my life!

GCC allow to be include in someone's product for commerce-purpose?
My product base on Win32 platform.

Thanks!

I **think** that the .net framework comes with a built in c++,c# and vb compiler, so maybe you could look into using those. I use the c# one to dynamically generate code and it works a treat.

Neil

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Many (if not most) compilers can be distributed freely if left unchanged. Several programs already do so, for instance several IDE's come packaged with free (or even open source) compilers.
- You can use and distribute GCC freely as long as you distribute its license text along with it, but do your best to inform people that it is distinct from your own project, and that you only distribute as a "default" compiler which can be replaced with anything. If it cannot be replaced by another compiler, then you might have a problem since you technically made GCC a part of your system.
- Always allow people to use another compiler if they already have one installed, and also create a package for your own compiler that does not include a C++ compiler. In particular, you could create a script to detect C++ compilers present on the system, and/or allow the user to give you the name of the compile and link commands on his system.
- Can you give me some details about your language (in PM if you want), I'm quite curious.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!