• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jad_salloum

mesh.intersect prob...

This topic is 4811 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi guys i am using mesh.intersect for collision detection so i passed to it a variable for the IntersectionInformation . this intersectionInformation contains U and V . so what i want to know how i can use this 2 variables and how to find the triangle that made this intersection .. jad salloum

Advertisement
Is there any particular reason you need to know the specific triangle that made the intersection? Perhaps there is a simpler way for what you need? For instance, if you just need to know the location of intersection its easier to use the ray start location and subtract the distance to hit.

ya i know but i need to know the coordinats of the triangle coz i want to make collision response on the plane containing that triangle coz if i used what u told me about , i cannot compute the plan's surface direction.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!