• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
anist

Blending issues

This topic is 4805 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok, this is driving me crazy over the past few nights so maybe someone can help with my block. i have a .obj loader, it works well in other projects but the current one, some groups and entire models do not display when blending is enabled. Not just some functions, but every function causes this. Enabling blending is the only thing that causes it. anyone want to throw something out here?

Advertisement
Sounds somewhere in the realm of 'peculiar'. What blending operation is being used at the time? Have you tried to decipher the problem by attempting different blending operations to see if one in particular is bringing on the not-showing-up behavior?

Perhaps even poke some code our way to see if there's a subtle mistake in the code that myself (or ideally someone more experienced than I!) can pick out and bring your code to render-ition. ;)

Quote:
Original post by HopeDagger
Sounds somewhere in the realm of 'peculiar'.

You can say that again. Zoinks!
Quote:

What blending operation is being used at the time?

Like i said I tried several different ones. One of the models has a group that actually shows, and blends correctly based on the operation, but the rest of it's groups and the other models simply do not show. They DO however obscure objects behind them.
Quote:

Perhaps even poke some code our way to see if there's a subtle mistake in the code that myself (or ideally someone more experienced than I!) can pick out and bring your code to render-ition. ;)

the only things that seem applicable are my pixel format and render loop. I'll post them later.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!