• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
robert4818

Remember this game?

This topic is 4815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Do any of you remember the game "Robin hood prince of thieves" for the old NES. It wasn't a great game, but the different options it used in the game would make some great options for RPGs what do you think?

Advertisement
Lets see, it had 3 different types of battles. The first was a standard adventure type game (zelda etc) where you played from an isometric perspective and killed guards and such.

Then there were boss battles that were a side-scrolling sword fight with parrying and thrusts and such.

Finally for certain battles there were over-head mass battles where you control certain people.

But these options made for a varied game. Though the game itself wasn't very good comparatively.

I suggest finding an old rom of the game....the options were kind of fun.

Quote:
Original post by Fournicolas
didn't a newer version of the game come out in the previous couple of years?
I guess you are thinking of "Robin Hood - Defender of the crown" which was an updated version of the Cinemaware classic "Defender of the Crown" - not the same game/developer/publisher as the Robin Hood game mentioned by the OP.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I remember the game! It was alot of fun. You could save Marion, kill a dragon and generally just run around. Pretty big game as i remember it.

I remember hating that game. Poor controls, baffling and unexpained changes in controls, and that totally lousy horse-riding level made it virtually unplayable to me.

Games with multiple play types are good, but remember the rule about hybrid games: You don't get the sum of the audiences, you get their intersection.

I'm not fond of the game either on points of fun at times...

But, the game definately had some interesting ideas.

I did like the sword fighting section.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!