Remember this game?

Started by
7 comments, last by robert4818 18 years, 7 months ago
Do any of you remember the game "Robin hood prince of thieves" for the old NES. It wasn't a great game, but the different options it used in the game would make some great options for RPGs what do you think?
Ideas presented here are free. They are presented for the community to use how they see fit. All I ask is just a thanks if they should be used.
Advertisement
Nope, I don't remember that game.
I don't remember it either.

You might want to elaborate on these 'options' for those of us with bad memories.
Lets see, it had 3 different types of battles. The first was a standard adventure type game (zelda etc) where you played from an isometric perspective and killed guards and such.

Then there were boss battles that were a side-scrolling sword fight with parrying and thrusts and such.

Finally for certain battles there were over-head mass battles where you control certain people.

But these options made for a varied game. Though the game itself wasn't very good comparatively.

I suggest finding an old rom of the game....the options were kind of fun.
Ideas presented here are free. They are presented for the community to use how they see fit. All I ask is just a thanks if they should be used.
didn't a newer version of the game come out in the previous couple of years?
Yours faithfully, Nicolas FOURNIALS
Quote:Original post by Fournicolas
didn't a newer version of the game come out in the previous couple of years?
I guess you are thinking of "Robin Hood - Defender of the crown" which was an updated version of the Cinemaware classic "Defender of the Crown" - not the same game/developer/publisher as the Robin Hood game mentioned by the OP.

Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
I remember the game! It was alot of fun. You could save Marion, kill a dragon and generally just run around. Pretty big game as i remember it.
I remember hating that game. Poor controls, baffling and unexpained changes in controls, and that totally lousy horse-riding level made it virtually unplayable to me.

Games with multiple play types are good, but remember the rule about hybrid games: You don't get the sum of the audiences, you get their intersection.
I'm not fond of the game either on points of fun at times...

But, the game definately had some interesting ideas.

I did like the sword fighting section.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement