• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
paul1234

OpenGL dxf display on pocket pc

This topic is 4658 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i would like to input a dxf file and then display using the openGL ES engine. my final goal is to display the dxf map in a car view, i.e. like playing car racing game. of coz this still need a lot of programming. any idea of how to display dxf with openGL ES on pocket pc? thanks a lot!

Advertisement
One solution is to export the model made in AutoDesk to one of the common 3d model format (so you can use existing loading routines) or simply write your own AutoDesk exporting routine which you then can import into you OpenGL ES app. Once loaded, you just render it as usual.

I tried to google for exporting models in AutoDesk but it didnt't get me much wiser. I'm pretty sure there is some kind of existing exporting functionallity of AutoDesk though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!