• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
NMX

Glut compiling problem

This topic is 4751 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Since my other topic is pretty much dead and left unanswered, I might as well post here. Bassically I got this small problem with compiling OpenGL source code. You see, when I first started learning OpenGL I was using v3.6 on Visual C++ .NET 2003. It was all good until I started getting into input, in which functions like glutSpecialUpFunc or glutIgnoreKeyRepeat did not work. Someone said I should upgrade to the latest version(3.7.6), so I did. However, now I can't compile any openGL code at all, it just gives me LNK2019 errors now. I change the glut.h and glut32.lib back to versions 3.6, and they work, but like I said, the functions I want do not compile. I change them to 3.7.6, and they still won't compile at all. I don't know what to do now. I'm totally lost. Any help or advice on what to do would be appreciated.

Advertisement
Well, looks like I finally half-solved the problem.

I was finally able to compile stuff in v3.7.6. However, I still can't get glutSpecialUpFunc or glutKeyboardUpFunc to work. Instead, I now get this error:

Quote:
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _glutSpecialUpFunc@4 referenced in function _main

Can anyone please help me with this? It's really frustrating me to no end.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!