• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Doom-Box

[web] How would I make this?

This topic is 4657 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Haven't actually played it, but a look around the site, and the fact that it's turn-based, suggest the following things are being used:

• HTML (obviously), for the website generation

• A server-side language, such as PHP or Perl for the content generation

• Possibly a client-side language, although first look suggests there isn't (my turn-based browser-game uses javascript)

• A database backend, presumably an SQL of some type

• Something to process each turn on the server - take your pick of language

They are presumably also using their own server-program (Apache?) to test things before downloading them to the active servers.

Just an informed guess based around what the site looks like and the description of the gameplay - if you're really interested, you could always ask on their forums.

Jim.

Quote:
Original post by JimPrice
Haven't actually played it, but a look around the site, and the fact that it's turn-based, suggest the following things are being used:

• HTML (obviously), for the website generation

• A server-side language, such as PHP or Perl for the content generation

• Possibly a client-side language, although first look suggests there isn't (my turn-based browser-game uses javascript)

• A database backend, presumably an SQL of some type

• Something to process each turn on the server - take your pick of language

They are presumably also using their own server-program (Apache?) to test things before downloading them to the active servers.

Just an informed guess based around what the site looks like and the description of the gameplay - if you're really interested, you could always ask on their forums.

Jim.

The forums part pure genius

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!