• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
NMX

Alright, I give up.

This topic is 4656 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For over 12 hours nonstop, I've been looking for a solution for my problem with compiling Glut source codes. I've searched the heck out of Google, not to mention asked for help in several message boards, but recieved very little to no help. I give up. However, I noticed that my problem is mainly with glut's input functions, otherwise the code compiles fine. So I decided to drop using Glut's input functions, in the favor of using another API for input, while glut stays as the graphics API. So here's my question this time: What's the best input API to use with glut? Thanks in advance =P

Advertisement
You almost certainly won't be able to use another input library with GLUT, since GLUT controls the message loop.

Thanks, but there's something I can't stop thinking about: When I send my SDL applications to a friend to test it, would they need to download the SDL libraries and install them to get the application to run? Or can I just rar/zip those libraries along with the application and they'll run fine if they're just with the .exe in the same directory?

Guest Anonymous Poster
just add sdl.dll into your zip. sdl.dll needs to be in the same directory as the exe

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!