Alright, I give up.

Started by
7 comments, last by NMX 18 years, 6 months ago
For over 12 hours nonstop, I've been looking for a solution for my problem with compiling Glut source codes. I've searched the heck out of Google, not to mention asked for help in several message boards, but recieved very little to no help. I give up. However, I noticed that my problem is mainly with glut's input functions, otherwise the code compiles fine. So I decided to drop using Glut's input functions, in the favor of using another API for input, while glut stays as the graphics API. So here's my question this time: What's the best input API to use with glut? Thanks in advance =P
Advertisement
You almost certainly won't be able to use another input library with GLUT, since GLUT controls the message loop.
I would drop glut all together and check out SDL's OpenGL support.
Oh wells, I guess I'm gonna give this SDL thing a try. Thanks.
I second the SDL suggestion - but if you really want to use GLUT, you might want to give freeglut a try - see if that works better for you.

Anyways, here's some SDL + OpenGL tutorials.
Thanks, but there's something I can't stop thinking about: When I send my SDL applications to a friend to test it, would they need to download the SDL libraries and install them to get the application to run? Or can I just rar/zip those libraries along with the application and they'll run fine if they're just with the .exe in the same directory?
just add sdl.dll into your zip. sdl.dll needs to be in the same directory as the exe
All you need to run an SDL program is SDL.DLL (unless you have add on libraries, in which case you add those DLLs in as well).
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info guys =)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement