Macro Making

Started by
22 comments, last by SticksandStones 18 years, 7 months ago
i have MSVS .net 2003 and i want to make a macro in my program that users can record then play it if you know what i mean...clicks and stuff? im not sure how to go about doing that, tutorials and stuff i googled it but i got programming macros for your source code.
Advertisement
There are no secret recipes for that. Depending on the type of program, you might actually want to record the mouse movement, the keypress and/or only the actions performed by the user. There's no "easy" way to do this.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
i just want to record mouse clicks and movements, and how to do it. where are some tutorials on this?
so nobody knows how this is done?
Quote:
There's no "easy" way to do this.

It should be relatively straightforward to record windows messages into some sort of queue along with timing information, though practical use of such recordings would be questionable, since something as trivial as running the app at a different resolution would 'break' the recording.

Quote:Original post by willthiswork89
so nobody knows how this is done?
I imagine that it would use much of the same logic as a general undo system. So each action taken would be saved in a generalized action class and pushed onto a stack. Then you'd place a marker at the beginning of the recording and then preserve the entire sequence separately for playback when done, possibly minus the previous state of things only required for undo.
If you've implemented one it should be fairly trivial to implement the other really..
yea i know this stuff...i know its hard and i know its not easy, but i dont know what needs to be used what to look at what to search for....from what i see i need to use activity hooks, i only need to record clicks and mouse movements.
Could you use a metafile for that?
F-R-E-D F-R-E-D-B-U-R...G-E-R! - Yes!
i have no idea reallyi wanted a source code made in c# of this done so i could see how its done and possible write my own.but seems as if no one really knows what to do about it lol
Quote:Original post by willthiswork89
i have no idea reallyi wanted a source code made in c# of this done so i could see how its done and possible write my own.but seems as if no one really knows what to do about it lol
What kind of application are you writing exactly?
In general you'll need some kind of high-level event recording system (there's plenty of tutorials available on how to handle undos), raw input recording may work in some cases but for the most part it's probably insufficient.

Still.. Intercepting and playing back raw input messages is easy enough in Win32 so I assume that it's trivial in C#.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement