• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MithrilCo

Compiler help and questions

This topic is 4746 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, I've originally used Visual C++(2000 version) for all my coding, but ive recently aquired eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0. So I just to break it in I select a default Win32 HelloWorld program. But when I compile, first it runs Windows CE emulator and executes the program, no problems yet right? When I go to its saved location and select the exe it gives me an error message that it cannot run this Win32 application. I'm probably behind on all the changes from the old 2000 to new version but any idea why this is happening? Also, are there any free compilers that run well with DX SDKs?(just want to explore my options) Thank You.

Advertisement
Dev-C++ works pretty well with an old version of DirectX, but I think you have to download a Devpack or something (they may be putting it with the installer nowadays, been a while since I downloaded it).

Well, to be honest, I don't know much about Windows CE or Embedded Visual C++, but assuming the IDE launches the emulator then runs the program with it, shouldn't you do the same thing ? (ie: Launch the emulator and open the program with it or, more likely, just pass the program as a command line parameter to the emulator ?

True, Dev C++ works quite well with almost all of DX's functions except DirectPlay, it has some problems handling the dplay libs.
And also true, except that the program won't work at all without the emulator, and that is a major inconvenience.

i just use Microsft Visual Toolkit 2003 with Code::Blocks IDE. works really well with directx 9 and i haven't run into any major problems, not yet at least...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!