Compiler help and questions

Started by
3 comments, last by Harryu 18 years, 6 months ago
Okay, I've originally used Visual C++(2000 version) for all my coding, but ive recently aquired eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0. So I just to break it in I select a default Win32 HelloWorld program. But when I compile, first it runs Windows CE emulator and executes the program, no problems yet right? When I go to its saved location and select the exe it gives me an error message that it cannot run this Win32 application. I'm probably behind on all the changes from the old 2000 to new version but any idea why this is happening? Also, are there any free compilers that run well with DX SDKs?(just want to explore my options) Thank You.
Advertisement
Dev-C++ works pretty well with an old version of DirectX, but I think you have to download a Devpack or something (they may be putting it with the installer nowadays, been a while since I downloaded it).
Well, to be honest, I don't know much about Windows CE or Embedded Visual C++, but assuming the IDE launches the emulator then runs the program with it, shouldn't you do the same thing ? (ie: Launch the emulator and open the program with it or, more likely, just pass the program as a command line parameter to the emulator ?
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
True, Dev C++ works quite well with almost all of DX's functions except DirectPlay, it has some problems handling the dplay libs.
And also true, except that the program won't work at all without the emulator, and that is a major inconvenience.
i just use Microsft Visual Toolkit 2003 with Code::Blocks IDE. works really well with directx 9 and i haven't run into any major problems, not yet at least...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement