• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Malikive

Real-time Animation Learning Resources

This topic is 4828 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, maybe you can help me out with this one. I'm interested in learning how to render and animate models in real-time. I understand basic concepts of animation like keyframes and skeletal animation and have done some of this using Blender as a modeling tool. I was also able to load static models using a model parser/loader and display the model in real-time, however I want to be able to animate them! I'm not asking you to explain to me how to do this because I understand from beginning to end it is a huge undertaking and I would be swamped with information. What I am looking for is a starting point. Maybe some good books that I can pickup to provide some background information, an overview of the topic, a good reference, and/or details of implementation. Notable sites for tutorials on such things would be helpful as well. I don't like to buy books on the fly without opinions of others, so if anyone has any suggestions or links, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance, Josh

Advertisement
check out my teachers notes at

http://graphics.ucsd.edu/courses/cse169_w04/

this should give you all the basics

Tim

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!