• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MARS_999

Help with render to texture with smaller viewport

This topic is 4655 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am not sure how to go about this, but I am planning on moving to FBO's, and maybe you can setup the size of the render target to whatever the viewport is set to? but as of now I am just copying to a texture and was wondering is it possible to say use a viewport of 1440x900 and render that to a texture of the same size? I am assuming I will need to use non-POT extension? Thanks

Advertisement
Guess I didnt' make myself clear... With FBO's you have to setup the viewport to match the texture size correct? So can I setup a texture even though I don't have Non-POT support can I use a 1440x900 viewport/rendering target texture?

as long as you can make a texture big enuff support it, then yes.

However, this is one of those things you'd be better of trying instead of waiting for a reply on a forum.

Quote:
Original post by phantom
as long as you can make a texture big enuff support it, then yes.

However, this is one of those things you'd be better of trying instead of waiting for a reply on a forum.

Can't I am at work! ;) Issue is when you run the resolution at 1024x768 black areas will show up if the texture size is at 1024x1024... or 1440x900 still get black areas, you need to reduce it to 512x512. Now if I run at 1280x1024 I am fine. Thats the issue, and I want to run at 1024x1024 at least. BTW did you get my email Phantom?

thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!