i am Stuck with MVC6 set up with DirectX9 please

Started by
6 comments, last by MDCT 18 years, 6 months ago
ok i tried several books but i cant get a clear answer how to set up the compiler with DirectX9,nothing makes sense,all i get is: Linking... winmain.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Direct3DCreate9@4 Debug/onceagain.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. onceagain.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) theres got to be something i missed,the books say to read the compilers documentation,but like i can understand what its saying,i cant,somebody please help me set this up otherwise i cant go on with anything at this point :( please help me,somebody had to go thru this or was able to set it up,please help :(
Advertisement
did you remember to set up your project to include the library files d3d9.lib (and d3dx9.lib if you're using any D3DX functions) ?
well i included d3d9.lib but not d3dx9.lib,i mean i dont understand this yet as i am still a newbie as you can see

should i add it aswell?
strange,i think i found my mistake,when i add the d3d9.lib do i have to manually add it everytime i start a new project?

i noticed it was there but i been putting it there several times,is there a way to put it there forever? or is it meant to be put there everytime you do a new project?

well the project worked

thanks for helping still eh :)

answer my little questions if you can please :*)
i hate this,it just worked and i closed it and started again to test it to see if i can do it again but now i get this:

Build : warning : failed to (or don't know how to) build 'D:\sources\VC6\chapter05\d3d_windowed\winmain.cpp'

then 9 more errors,what the hell is wrong now,please help :(

somebody please get me past this otherwise,i will have no choice but to quit :(
yes you have to add it per project. it's saved under your project's settings and you'll not always want to link with D3D so it's best to just deal with that.

for your other question, I'm not really sure. But try this and see if it helps:
I'm assuming D:\ is your cd-rom, yes? If so, I wouldn't include them in your projectby just adding them to it so the compiler has to look on the cd-rom. Just copy it from the CD to your project's folder. Delete the file from your project (in the fileview panel) and now add the file you copied from your cd-rom.

But that's a pretty ambiguous error
oh wait that was just a warning. not an error.

what are the errors?
well copying does work,but when i did it myself didnt,and i tried copying the full screen mode to test and full screen doesnt work for me

thanks for helping,you been helpfull,i am just very stressed with these books,they confuse more than teach at times,they assume you know this and that so its hard to understand things.

thank you sporff

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement