• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jad_salloum

jumping frame

This topic is 4742 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi guys i have a problem in my animated .X files , when i play them in my program taking the elapsed time , i got a jumping frames in the animation , so i looked again to the animation in 3DMax but it was fine no jumping, so can anyone tell me why this jump is happening and how to solve it .

Advertisement
How often does the jumping happen, and are you running in windowed mode? Finally, are you using MDX? I ask because a few people have reported problems with time-based movement in Windowed MDX apps.

--Vic--

Its probly the type of animation your using. The problem is your probly using keyframe animation and when your 3d program exports it, it only records like every 5 frames, to save space and all. I dont know that much on animations, but that look like your problem, and you should find some tutorial or something to fix that problem.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!