• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
brvids

gamespace vs. truespace 6

This topic is 4830 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey I'm thinking of going with Truespace. Can anyone tell me the exact difference between gamespace and truespace? I've been to the website and I can see no difference really between the two. Is there something one does that the other does not? Thanks beteogames

Advertisement
high end rendering.

Gamespace makes gamemodels. Truespace makes models, but it has a ray tracer, and you can render images and videos with it.

Hmm thanks for the info, but truespace seems the better deal. Would you agree? I mean it can make game models also and export into any format gamespace does.

gameSpace has no metaball or NURBS modeling support, since those usually generate high poly models.

Do you intend to make movies (cutscenes) with it? is the price difference very small? are Metaballs and NURBS escential for your modeling style? if so, then go with trueSpace, if not, then go with gameSpace.

Thanks for the info. Actually truespace 6.6 is cheaper through one of those special offers they emailed. So I think I'm going to go with that. Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!