Dual Ages website

Started by
13 comments, last by Xelen 18 years, 6 months ago
I have made a website for the MMORPG that some of my friends and I are developing called Dual Ages at dualages.tripod.com. The game probably won't release until around March or April (and even then it will be super small and basic), but I wanted to drum up hype and interest early. Now, I know what I have done (I.E. putting up a site for a game that isn't even finnished) may seem childish and unprofessional, but I have a few good reasons for putting it up now. One, I have learned a few basic things about maintaining a website (there's always some piece of text I can make better). Two, I was under pressure form my "Development Team", those 4 other mid. school kids. They simply don't understand that making a MMORPG, even a small one, takes a lot of work. They wanted to see some results, so I put the site up. I probably should have let them walk away, but they do give me some good ideas for the game every now and then, even though I won't be able to implement them for a while (I could have gone to SourceForge and gotten some real programmers, but I didn't feel like dealing with them and their "If we host your project it has to adhear to the following 9,999,999 rules" page). Check out the site, let me know what you think of it, and walk away with a warm fuzzy feeling. I'll probably end up doing most of the coding myself, but I think I will have fun doing it. P.S., I have read many more tutorials and books than what is posted in the "Tutorials we've read" section. No one on the "Development Team" had any programming experience (go figure), so I had to get them up to speed quick.
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
Advertisement
Um... will anyone comment on the site? Or even look at it... please?
Oh, and give me some game suggestions on my Forums; no one has posted anything yet...

EDIT: Please.
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
There is not much to see on your page.
I was hoping that you have a good design document
but its not really what I would call a design document.
True. I don't have the copyright registered yet, so I don't want to take the chance of someone stealing our ideas, but we really have a whole folder full of game papers.
Sorry buddy, you can't copyright ideas. :) Well, to an extent anyways.

I wish you the best of luck on your project, but don't get your hopes up just yet. You've probably heard it a million times, but a gaming project, let alone an online gaming project takes hard work and a lot of knowledge. And no amount of tutorials are going to do the programming for you. It comes with the experience and 'trial and error'.
Just to let everyone know, I have a new poll posted in my Forums asking for your opinion on the graphical style of the game; please vote!
Poll
I dont know if your aware of this but I found it quite humerous on the tutorials you've read section you have a link with "C++" as the text and its linking to www.cprogramming.com

I guess thats all I have tosay about it.
Sigh... Cpp is just what the tutorial is about. And can anyone give me some positive feedback on my Forums? Like, about what you want to see in the game? The only thing that has been posted is about how we don't have a game up yet...
Wizard, I suggest that you wait until you have more content before announcing your game.

You should ask for help in the ‘Help Wanted’ section, and then show them your Project Design and work on your game. When you’ll feel you have something to show, then announce back your game :)

Anyway good luck!
Thanks. I don't need any help right now, since you will be able to walk around and talk in the first version and that is pretty much it, but I will probably visit hep wanted in the future.
EDIT: But you can still say what you want to be in the game on my Forums!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement