• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
MDCT

i cant get any DirectX graphics on FullScreen

This topic is 4831 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

things work on windowed form but whenever i get to a program that needs Full screen the only thing that happends is the screen gets all black then back to normal but i get this blank space on my monitor on top-left of the screen like the program is still running until i hit Escape somebody tell me whats wrong or how to fix this please :(

Advertisement
the problem is the way this book is made,i wrote everything from the book and i got errors,then i noticed the files from the CD have either more of the code or less than whats on the book and it suppised to be the same.

i just got a compile error that said there was no association with a file or something like that but i built it and it work

all this stuff is frustrating >;{

is there a book someone could reccomend that doesnt do stuff like this,i mean that it actually does what is says,theres two books that i bought and i got stuck somewhere and i did exactly what it says.

please someone tell me there are actually well design books >;{ arrrg

Just a question, is it Programming Role-Playing Games with DirectX? That is the book I got, and I found it rather awkward to follow sometimes, and some things were just lacking in detail that really needed covered, and some small things were totally dragged out for far too long and in more detail then needed. Though, it does cover some of everything, which is a double-edged sword more or less.

Sorry I can't personally help with fullscreen thing yet... seeing as how thats an issue I am also having. He never really covers making a fullscreen window in the book, even though he points out how certain things differ between Windowed and Fullscreen modes.

I found the Book "Direct3D Programming - Kick Start" from Clayton Walnum
really good, there is most covered you need to get your first Direct3D-Program running.

the book i use is Beginning Game Programing by Jonathan S. Harbour

thanks for the reccomended book and for replying

i will start the next chapter and if the same things gappend i will post the code,thanks for considering going thru the code,perhaps i am doing something wrong

thanks again everyone

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!