• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mojtaba_e

i need a simple software for creating 3d character

This topic is 4830 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there We want to write a game and need some simple models with their keyframes. But as we have no experience about the 3d max --We are programmers ;) - and we haven't enough time and enough money , we need a simple software to create our models. So are there any simple softwares for creating the skeletons and adding the keyframes? Regards, --Mojtaba--

Advertisement
Blender. However, it's said by many to be much more difficult to use than 3ds MAX, including me [smile]

It is a very powerful program once you get used to it, though.

Quote:

Blender. However, it's said by many to be much more difficult to use than 3ds MAX, including me

I second that!
Just download the 3dsmax trial and use it.
Also if you nead really really simple (and small) program, use milkshape.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Poser is not *really* a modelling application, and the license for pretty much any model you buy for it explicity exlcudes you from exporting the model and using it in any other way.

Quote:
Original post by Jnz86

Also if you nead really really simple (and small) program, use milkshape.

Out of curiosity, just how limited is milkshape?

I have pretty much no experience with 3d modelling, but I'm going to need to start looking into it soon. I don't really intend to work on any final models for my project myself, but I'll probably need to be able to make at least passable placeholders before I can look into getting help.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!