i need a simple software for creating 3d character

Started by
4 comments, last by Paradoxish 18 years, 6 months ago
Hi there We want to write a game and need some simple models with their keyframes. But as we have no experience about the 3d max --We are programmers ;) - and we haven't enough time and enough money , we need a simple software to create our models. So are there any simple softwares for creating the skeletons and adding the keyframes? Regards, --Mojtaba--
--Mojtaba--
Advertisement
Blender. However, it's said by many to be much more difficult to use than 3ds MAX, including me [smile]

It is a very powerful program once you get used to it, though.

Niko Suni

Quote:
Blender. However, it's said by many to be much more difficult to use than 3ds MAX, including me

I second that!
Just download the 3dsmax trial and use it.
Also if you nead really really simple (and small) program, use milkshape.
You could try Poser from Curious Labs
Poser is not *really* a modelling application, and the license for pretty much any model you buy for it explicity exlcudes you from exporting the model and using it in any other way.
Quote:Original post by Jnz86

Also if you nead really really simple (and small) program, use milkshape.

Out of curiosity, just how limited is milkshape?

I have pretty much no experience with 3d modelling, but I'm going to need to start looking into it soon. I don't really intend to work on any final models for my project myself, but I'll probably need to be able to make at least passable placeholders before I can look into getting help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement