• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
CBT

Flickering problems

This topic is 4827 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I got flickering problems in my direct3d engine. I draw the example mesh from the dxsdk tutorial to screen while rotating it. The flickering is most noticeable when I move the camera. I use the GetAsynchKeyState to look for keys down. I first believed that the problem was due to the presentationInterval was set to D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE but I changed that and allthough it may have been a improvment the flickering still occurs. I also tried to load and rotate a bigger mesh in the dxsdk mesh tutorial and I think there is flickering there too....

Advertisement
So does the display actually flicker or is it just seem to be like jumping. Because, sometimes, if you are using a float number for an in-between-frame time or timeDelta, it could actually be rendering so fast that the timeDelta can be negative, i had that happen once, and it was kinda jumping for me. Hope this helps

Guest Anonymous Poster
First try turning on vsync, i had the same problems on my
Radeon 9700 in open gl.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!