• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
pan narrans

FREE RUBBISH!!! Simple Task Scheduler

This topic is 4656 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just made myself a little task scheduler in Microsoft Excel. It's very simple but I thought I'd stick it up here in case anyone can find it useful. It beats my old method of a plain text file [wink] Download >> Each entry stores the task, any resources you currently know of, what type of task area it is (i.e. which area of game development it relates to), its importance and you can flag them as complete/incomplete. The last three fields employ list boxes for ease of use. You can add extra task types by typing them into the "source" box in the Data > Validation... menu. There is also a second page (called Future Extensions) where you can list any tasks that you have decided to postpone until the next version of your project. I know there are task schedulers available on the Internet but I wanted to make something easy for myself which I can store inside my project. Like I say, it took ten minutes to make and is very simple, and not at all suitable for a team project (it doesn't include estimated task length, or who the task has been assigned to) but maybe someone might use it, eh?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!