Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
WitchLord

AngelScript 2.4.1 has been released

This topic is 4744 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

I found some time to implement a couple of language features that were waiting in the to-do list. AngelScript now supports heredoc strings. These strings are especially designed for writing long text sections without the need to worry about escape sequences or linebreaks. I'd like to thank Ashish Ranjan for sending me this contribution. I also implemented the long due initialization lists for arrays. So now you don't have to manually write the initialization code for each of the element in the arrays. I know a lot of people have been waiting for this. Work on version 2.5.0 is already going on, and I will be focusing on improving the performance of the script execution as well as make it easier to add support for 64bit processors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Would you mind telling me at least a few of the unresolved external symbols? It is likely because some of the C++ files are missing in the MSVC7 project. I don't have MSVC7 available right now, so I can't test it myself, but if you tell me which symbols are missing, I might be able to tell you how to correct it.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I did not have any problems compiling it, it must be something on his particular machine.

Btw, WL, as Deyja has said before, the compiler suite for 7.1 and 8.0 are free to obtain, and are compatable with version 6 of the IDE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Actually I do have MSVC7 at home, that I received as a donation from someone who already moved on to the next version. I haven't installed it though, maybe I'll do so this weekend.

Anyway, I'm not at home now. Here at work we use version 6.0, and unfortunatly I can't change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It compiled fine for me; but I don't use your project files. The settings never transfer cleanly to 8.0; it's easier to recreate from scratch than to fix. I just ran the preprocessor unit tests then switched back to the slightly modified 1.10 I've been using forever. Everything still works fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mmmm....


tested again and it compiled...

maybe it has something to do with the modifications i did to the project propierties

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!