Added class inheritance support to SqPlus (Squirrel)

Started by
1 comment, last by John Schultz 18 years, 7 months ago
http://www.squirrel-lang.org/forums/233/ShowPost.aspx Cpp classes can inherit from each other and Squirrel defined classes, and Squirrel defined classes can inherit from Cpp classes. See testSqPlus2.cpp for examples. The slight-increase in complexity for inheritance support can be compiled out by changing a compile time flag (when inheritance is not needed). Additionally, while constructors and destructors are automatically created and called, it is also possible to use custom constructors+destructors defined globally to allow custom constructor arguments to be used (without modifying the original class/struct).

SQClassDef<NewTestObj>("NewTestObj").                         // If a special constructor+destructor are not needed, the auto-generated versions can be used.
                                                                    // Example methods for custom constructors:
        globalFuncVarArgs(constructNewTestObj,"constructor","*").   // Using a global constructor: useful in cases where a custom constructor/destructor are required and the original class is not to be modified.      
//        staticFuncVarArgs(NewTestObj::construct,"constructor").   // Using a static member constructor.
        globalFunc(globalFunc,"globalFunc").                        // Any global function can be registered in a class namespace (no 'this' pointer will be passed to the function, though the Squirrel class instance can be passed if desired (allowing access to the Cpp 'this' pointer)).
        globalFunc(globalClass,GlobalClass::func,"globalClassFunc").
        func(NewTestObj::newtestR1,"newtestR1").
        var(&NewTestObj::val,"val").
        var(&NewTestObj::s1,"s1").
        var(&NewTestObj::s2,"s2").
        constant(&NewTestObj::c1,"c1").
        constant(&NewTestObj::c2,"c2").
        funcVarArgs(NewTestObj::multiArgs,"multiArgs");

// No other code is required to setup/bind the class to script.

Latest version: http://www.brightland.com/sq/SQUIRREL2_0_5_sqplus.zip [Edited by - John Schultz on September 25, 2005 7:08:34 PM]
Advertisement
Wow, thats great news! I was just looking at SqPlus for a project I'm in the design phase of. I saw your previous post about not having support for inheritence, and thought to myself "dang, if only he'd stick that in" ;)

Guess that made up my mind, will definately be using this! Thanks for the good work!
Quote:Original post by Rhalin
Wow, thats great news! I was just looking at SqPlus for a project I'm in the design phase of. I saw your previous post about not having support for inheritence, and thought to myself "dang, if only he'd stick that in" ;)

Guess that made up my mind, will definately be using this! Thanks for the good work!

You're welcome. I just checked out Alberto's new Eclipse-based debugger for Squirrel: impressive. It's also a syntax-highlighted development environment for Squirrel.

I have integrated the changes from Squirrel 2.0.4_w2 to 2.0.5 (stable) for SqPlus:
http://www.brightland.com/sq/SQUIRREL2_0_5_sqplus.zip

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement