newb problem

Started by
3 comments, last by Ro_Akira 18 years, 7 months ago
i've been just learning the basics of game programming with DirectX, im using VC6(plus plus). Im learning from -Beginning game Programming, by Jonathan S. Harbour-. If any one else has it, im on chp.7. i'm trying to get a sprite to run across a bitmap'd scene. From left, to right, repeating. Upon my first completion there were many errors, as usual. I corrected all but 3 of them. Next i cross checked/compaired my code to the CD-Resource code from the book. The executable on the CD runs perfectly. And after correcting it to match the resource code, mine still doesnt work. It shows no errors, but upon executing nothing comes up. I thought it may be the winmain.cpp, not creating a window, but its looks fine. Im stumped. Not by any means angered or annoyed, but stummped, and i need some help with why it doesnt execute. O yea, and my programming skills are basic. I've learned fast, but this is still the beginning for me. Can anyone please help me? I can email the project if your intrested in looking at it.
Advertisement
you should post some cod but you are most likely not swapping buffers so everything keeps being rendered to the backbuffer without being pushed to the screen. Cant really help too much without some code so feel free to post some(prolly not all fo it)
We have youth, how about a fountain of smart.e4 e5 f4 d5
thats the thing-i really cant tell what could be wrong with it.
So i dont kno what to specificly post.
But i can tell you the files so you can tell me what to post.
winmain.cpp
game.cpp
dxgraphics.cpp
game.h
dxgraphics.h

i think the buffering is fine.
once again, im really sry for not really knowing what the problem is.
i'd still like you to help me if u can.
i can mail u the project or files. the projects 8 MB.
Post all of them. We can't read your mind, and the majority of us don't have this book or know anything about the source code.
Quote:It shows no errors, but upon executing nothing comes up. I thought it may be the winmain.cpp, not creating a window, but its looks fine.

Are you saying it's not even showing a window?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement